Tonight I was craving Asian food so I put a little dish together.
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 3 inch segment ginger, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 onion diced length wise
- 4 red chilis diced length wise
- 1 bundle green onions, cut into segments
- 2 tbsp fat of choice (I used bacon grease. Ghee, coconut or canola oil would work)
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut flank steak in thin slices against the grain and then into 2-3″ pieces. In a bowl combine soy sauce (or coconut aminos), sesame oil, fish sauce, garlic powder, chili garlic sauce and vinegar. Add in steak. Mix to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat your fat of choice in a skillet. Add steak, garlic and ginger. Once nearly cooked through, add onions and chilis. Once wilted add xantham gum. Once thickened, serve! Top with sesame seeds and/or sriracha.
To beef up the veggies, you could also add broccoli or snap peas.